Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Three Knocks and a Scream


Writing is hard. Especially when you don't have a central idea to spring from. Most especially when the pressure and constant nudging of people having to read it and maybe mash up disquieting notions in their heads about whatever your writing presently.

I write particularly because I want to. Because it makes me feel better after a heinous afternoon. I write because I can alter any real event into perfect fantasy. I keep on drilling inside my poor brain that I can write whatever I want without others having to do with it. Maybe I just want to describe this, or that. Or maybe, I merely desire to box an event so tantalizing and worthy account and store it in an attic of prose.

Perhaps, a deluge of people would come banging at my door to lecture me on how ridiculous I jot down and rearrange words, but what can I say, I'm sorry you find my work dim-witted and mediocre? Most certainly not. If you would care so much as to fly a hundred thousand miles away to let me know, then you were most likely aroused by my writing. It made you do something, say something. Which is good. Very good. I would just have to wonder and scald each nook and crevice of my conscious mind and flow with the spontaneous murmurs it emits. Whether you like it or not...

3 comments:

  1. You write great and I completely agree, people write to write and they should be free to write whatever they want in whatever style they want however they want!

    d e g a i n e

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your writing is really good, what I've seen of it so far, and definitely very far from mediocre! I struggle with the same feelings, as I'm more of a writer than anything else, and sometimes I worry that the way I arrange the words sound really dumb to people. But then I want people to react to my writing, to think.

    ReplyDelete